2015 Downtown Bay City and Area Events & Activities:
- Saturday, January 3 • Soup & Sales • This annual year-end sales event provides shoppers with the best of both worlds - great sales and great food!
- Saturday, February 14 • Indulge • A Downtown event full of life’s special things: chocolate, giveaways, pampering, fashion, great dining and so much more! Whether you’re looking for a day with friends out on the town, a romantic spa getaway or a day just for you, Indulge in Downtown Bay City.
- Sunday, March 15 • St. Patrick's Day Parade • Parade down historic Center Avenue, ending at Wenonah Park. Join us for this annual celebration of everything Irish!
- Friday & Saturday, March 20-21 • "Welcome Spring" Open House Weekend • Downtown Welcomes Spring with Open Houses all over town. Enjoy the true signs of spring with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options. A great time of the year to get out of the house and stroll historic Downtown Bay City!
- Monday-Sunday, April 13-19 • Downtown Restaurant Week • Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their Buy One, Get One Half Off specials!
- Friday-Sunday, May, Dates TBD • Spring Downtown Divas Weekend • Filled with fashion, pampering, and “must haves” of the season. With special activities highlighting fashion, food, fun and being healthy!
- Tuesdays in June, July & August • Tuesdays Movies in the Park • New this year! Free movies at the Shell in Wenonah Park. Details to come.
- Wednesdays in June, July & August • Wednesdays in the Park • Young People’s Entertainment at lunchtime and Concerts for all in the evening. All free!
- Wednesday, June 10 • Apps & Ales • This event highlights all of Downtown’s delicious eateries and pubs. Enjoy a night full of great appetizers, specialty brews and music in the streets as you visit each establishment!
- Saturday & Sunday, June 13-14 • Annual YWCA Riverside Art Festival • Unique art and items of distinct craftsmanship by skilled artisans from throughout the state and beyond. Located throughout the Downtown streets and in Wenonah Park!! More info...
- Thursday-Sunday, June 25-28 • Bay City River Roar Races • High-performance boats race along the Downtown riverfront at high speeds during this dynamic event! Special entertainment is part of this one-of-a-kind weekend. More Info...
- Fridays, July and August • Fridays at the Falls • Free, casual entertainment at the Third Street Waterfall Park starting at 6 pm
- Thursday-Saturday, July 2-4 • Bay City Fourth of July Fireworks Festival • Enjoy fireworks every evening and fun, food and entertainment every day. Including a carnival, concerts and much more! More info...
- Friday-Saturday, July 10-11 • Cool City Car Show • Friday night cruise. Saturday over 400 specialty vehicles, hot rods, antiques, customs and motorcycles throughout Downtown.
- Thursday-Saturday, July 23-25 • Downtown Sidewalk Days • Sidewalk Days has been a Downtown Bay City tradition for over 50 years! This event is all about great sales and food in a very special place.
- Friday-Sunday, September 11-13 • Fall into Autumn Open House • Start the fall season with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options.
- Thursday, September 17 • Downtown Bay City Wine Walk • An evening event that showcases all of Downtown Bay City’s fantastic eateries and pubs. Enjoy a night full of wine sampling, food, and music in the streets as you visit each establishment!.
- Thursday-Sunday, September 24-27 • Hell's Half Mile Film & Music Festival • Enjoy four days of independent films, shorts, documentaries, animation, foreign language and student films. Plus...the best in original live music, art shows and more! More info...
- Friday-Sunday, September 25-27 • River of Time • Travel back in time to when the pioneers settled in Bay City, along with re-enactment of many other times in history. This is a wonderful lesson in history that both young and old enjoy!
- Friday-Sunday, October, Dates TBD • Fall Downtown Divas • Filled with fashion, pampering, and “must haves” of the season. With special activities highlighting fashion, food, fun and being healthy!
- Monday-Sunday, October 19-25 • Downtown Restaurant Week • Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their Buy One, Get One Half Off specials!
- Friday-Sunday, November 6-8 • Holiday Open House Weekend • Businesses all over Downtown hold Open House this weekend, and have special events throughout the Holiday season. Stroll through our beautifully decorated shops, enjoy special treats and look for the perfect gifts of the seasons.
- Sundays, November 15, 22 & 29 • Sundays in the City • The six Sundays leading up to Christmas showcase all of the “one-of-a-kind” shops and eateries that Downtown has to offer. Holiday decoration, free horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, and holiday movies at the historic State Theatre
- Friday, November 27 • Santa's Arrival • Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in Wenonah Park at 7pm for a special performance before going to the Planetarium to talk with all the good little boys and girls.
- Saturday, November 28 • Small Business Saturday • Celebrate your local small businesses by shopping small and supporting your own community. This special and every day is all about shopping small businesses, owned and operated in your neighborhood by your neighbors.
- Sundays, December 6, 13 & 20 • Sundays in the City • The six Sundays leading up to Christmas showcase all of the “one-of-a-kind” shops and eateries that Downtown has to offer. Holiday decoration, free horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, and holiday movies at the historic State Theatre!