2016 Downtown Bay City and Area Events & Activities:
- Saturday, January 2 Soup & Sales This annual year-end sales event provides shoppers with the best of both worlds - great sales and delicious food!
- Saturday, February 13 Indulge A Downtown event full of lifes special things: chocolate, giveaways, pampering, fashion, great dining and so much more! Whether youre looking for a day with friends out on the town, a romantic spa getaway or a day just for you, Indulge in Downtown Bay City!
- Saturday, February 27 Bay City Polar Bear Plunge First time in Downtown Bay City at the Dow Family Y! Fundraiser for Special Olympics includes Parade of Costumes and Polar Teams plunging for funds, plus special activities for all. More info...
- Saturday, February 27 • Polar Bear Chili Cook-Off, 11 am to 2 pm • Another first for Downtown Bay City! This is the perfect event to go eith the Polar Bear Plunge! Warm up after your plunge or stay warm, enjoying the fun, watching the teams of plungers, the parade of costumes and all the special activities!
- Sunday, March 20 St. Patrick's Day Parade Parade down historic Center Avenue, ending at Wenonah Park. Join us for this annual celebration of everything Irish!
- Friday & Saturday, March 18-19 "Welcome Spring" Open House Weekend Downtown Welcomes Spring with Open Houses all over town. Enjoy the true signs of spring with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options. A great time of the year to get out of the house and stroll historic Downtown Bay City!
- Tuesdays in June, July & August Tuesdays Movies in the Park Free family-friendly movies at the Shell in Wenonah Park.
- Wednesdays in June, July & August • Wednesdays in the Park • Young People’s Entertainment at lunchtime and Concerts for all in the evening. All free!
- Wednesday, June 8 Apps & Ales This event highlights all of our Downtowns delicious eateries and pubs. Enjoy a night full of great appetizers, specialty brews and music in the streets as you visit each establishment!
- Saturday & Sunday, June 11-12 Annual YWCA Riverside Art Festival Unique art and items of distinct craftsmanship by skilled artisans from throughout the state and beyond. Located throughout the Downtown streets and in Wenonah Park!! More info...
- Saturday & Sunday, June 25-26 • River Roar • Powerboat races takes place in the Saginaw River along the banks of Downtown Bay City. Bay City's known as one of the toughest courses in the circuit. You won't want to miss it! More info...
- Fridays, July and August • Fridays at the Falls • Free, casual entertainment at the Third Street Waterfall Park starting at 6 pm
- Thursday-Saturday, June 30-July 2 Bay City Fourth of July Fireworks Festival Enjoy fireworks every evening and fun, food and entertainment every day. Including a carnival, concerts and much more! More info...
- Friday-Saturday, July 8-9 Cool City Car Show Friday night cruise. Saturday over 400 specialty vehicles, hot rods, antiques, customs and motorcycles throughout Downtown.
- Thursday-Sunday, July 14-17 • Tall Ship Celebration: Bay City • The celebration provides an opportunity to tour each ship, plus is filled with a wide variety of special events and activities for the entire family More info…
- Thursday-Saturday, July 21-23 Downtown Sidewalk Days Sidewalk Days has been a Downtown Bay City tradition for over 50 years! This event is all about great sales and food in a very special place.
- Saturday, August 6 • Hop Riot Beer Festival • A Revolution is Brewing! Craft beer festival and music in Wenonah Park, noon-5pm. More info...
- Friday-Sunday, August 13-14 Downtown Bay City's reEvent It's all about reUse, reDesign, and rePurpose! Downtown businesses provide ideas and special promotions to help be more creative and take better care of ourselves and our world.
- Friday-Sunday, August 13-14 Urban Salvage & Antique Show A collection of antiques, collectibles, architectural, industrial and modern. You'll find a wide variety of items repurposed, recycled and reimagined. (visit the Facebook page).
- Friday-Sunday, September 9-11 Fall into Autumn Open House Start the fall season with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options.
- Thursday, September 15 Downtown Bay City Wine Walk An evening event that showcases all of Downtown Bay Citys fantastic eateries and pubs. Enjoy a night full of wine sampling, food, and music in the streets as you visit each establishment!.
- Thursday-Sunday, September 22-25 • Hell's Half Mile Film & Music Festival • Enjoy four days of independent films, shorts, documentaries, animation, foreign language and student films. Plus...the best in original live music, art shows and more! More info...
- Friday-Sunday, September 23-25 River of Time Travel back in time to when the pioneers settled in Bay City, along with re-enactment of many other times in history. This is a wonderful lesson in history that both young and old enjoy!
- Thursday-Sunday, October 16-20 Downtown Restaurant Week Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their Buy One, Get One Half Off specials!
- Friday-Sunday, November 4-6 Holiday Open House Weekend Businesses all over Downtown hold an Open House this weekend, and have special events throughout the Holiday season. Stroll through our beautifully decorated shops, enjoy special treats and look for the perfect gifts of the seasons.
- Sundays, November 13, 20 & 27 Sundays in the City The six Sundays leading up to Christmas showcase all of the one-of-a-kind shops and eateries that Downtown has to offer. Enjoy holiday decorations, free horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, and holiday movies at the historic State Theatre!
- Friday, November 25 Santa's Arrival Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in Wenonah Park at 7 pm for a special performance before going to the Delta Planetarium to talk with all the good little boys and girls.
- Saturday, November 26 Small Business Saturday Celebrate your local small businesses by shopping small and supporting your own community. This special day is all about shopping small businesses, owned and operated in your neighborhood by your neighbors.
- Sundays, December 4, 11 & 18 Sundays in the City The six Sundays leading up to Christmas showcase all of the one-of-a-kind shops and eateries that Downtown has to offer. Enjoy holiday decorations, free horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, and holiday movies at the historic State Theatre!