2014 Downtown Bay City and Area Events & Activities:
- Saturday, January 4 • Soup & Sales • This annual year-end sales event provides shoppers with the best of both worlds - great sales and great food!
- Saturday, February 8 • Indulge • A Downtown event full of life’s special things: chocolate, giveaways, pampering, fashion, great dining and so much more!
- Sunday, March 16 • St. Patrick's Day Parade • Parade down historic Center Avenue, ending at Wenonah Park. Join us for this annual celebration of everything Irish!
- Friday & Saturday, March 21-22 • "Welcome Spring" Open House Weekend • Downtown Welcomes Spring with Open Houses all over town. Enjoy the true signs of spring with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options.
- Monday-Sunday, April 7-13 • Downtown Restaurant Week • Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their $6, $12 & $24 specials all week long! Enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner specials.
- Thursday-Sunday, May 8-11 • Spring Downtown Divas Weekend • Filled with fashion, pampering, and “must haves” of the season. Cocktails in the City, accessories fashion show, and Fashion & French Toast, runway fashion show with a delicious buffet breakfast.
- Wednesday, May 21 •
Apps & Ales • This event highlights all of Downtown’s delicious eateries and pubs. Enjoy a night full of great appetizers and specialty brews!
- Saturday & Sunday, June 14-15 • Annual YWCA Riverside Art Festival • Unique art and items of distinct craftsmanship by skilled artisans from throughout the state and beyond! www.ywca.org/baycounty
- Friday-Sunday, June 27-29 • Bay City River Roar Races • High performance boats race along the Downtown riverfront at high speeds during this dynamic event! Special entertainment is part of this one-of-a-kind weekend More Info...
- Fridays, July and August • Fridays at the Falls • Free, casual entertainment at the Third Street Waterfall Park.
- Wednesdays, July and August • Wednesdays in the Park • Young People’s Entertainment at lunchtime and Concerts for all in the evening. All free!
- Thursday-Saturday, July 3-5 • Bay City Fourth of July Fireworks Festival • Enjoy fireworks every evening and fun, food and entertainment every day. Including a carnival, concerts and much more! www.baycityfireworksfest.com
- Friday-Saturday, July 11-12 • Cool City Car Show • Friday night cruise. Saturday over 400 specialty vehicles, hot rods, antiques, customs and motorcycles throughout Downtown.
- Thursday-Saturday, July 24-26 • Downtown Sidewalk Days • Sidewalk Days has been a Downtown Bay City tradition for over 50 years! This event is all about great sales in a very special place.
- Friday-Sunday, September 5-7 • Fall into Autumn Open House • Start the fall season with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options.
- Thursday, September 18 • Downtown Bay City Wine Walk • An evening event that showcases all of Downtown Bay City’s fantastic eateries and pubs.
- Thursday-Sunday, September 25-28 • Hell's Half Mile Film & Music Festival • Enjoy four days of independent films, shorts, documentaries, animation, foreign language and student films. Plus...the best in original live music, art shows and more!
- Friday-Sunday, September 26-28 • River of Time • Travel back in time to when the pioneers settled in Bay City. This is a wonderful lesson in history that young and old enjoy!
- Thursday-Sunday, October 9-12 • Fall Downtown Divas • Celebrate the fall and holiday seasons with pampering, special time with friends, and shopping for the “must haves” of the season. Accessories fashion show during Cocktails in the City. And Fashion & French Toast breakfast and fashion event.
- Sunday, October 12 • Tour of Homes • Step inside some of the most beautiful homes and buildings in historic Bay City.
- Monday-Sunday, October 20-26 • Downtown Restaurant Week • Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their $6, $12 & $24 specials all week long! Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner specials.
- Sundays, November 16 - December 21 • Sundays in the City • The six Sundays leading up to Christmas showcase all of the “one-of-a-kind” shops and eateries that Downtown has to offer. Holiday decorations, free horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, and holiday movies at the historic State Theatre.
- Friday, November 28 • Santa's Arrival • Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in Wenonah Park at 7pm for a special performance before going to the Planetarium to talk with all the good little boys and girls.
- Saturday, November 29 • Small Business Saturday • Celebrate your local small businesses by shopping small and supporting your own community. This special and every day is all about shopping small businesses, owned and operated in your neighborhood by your neighbors.