2013 Downtown Bay City and Area Events & Activities:
- Saturday, January 5 • Soup & Sales
This annual year-end sales event provides shoppers with the best of both worlds - great sales and great food!
- Saturday, February 9 • Indulge
A Downtown event full of life’s special things: chocolate, giveaways, pampering, fashion, great dining and so much more! Whether you’re looking for a day with friends out on the town, a romantic spa getaway or a day just for you, Indulge in Downtown Bay City.
- Sunday, March 17 • St. Patrick's Day Parade — 59th Annual!
Parade down historic Center Avenue, ending at Wenonah Park. Join us for this annual celebration of everything Irish! www.stpatparadebaycity.org
- Friday & Saturday, March 22-23 • "Welcome Spring" Open House Weekend
Downtown Welcomes Spring with Open Houses all over town. Enjoy the true signs of spring with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options. A great time of the year to get out of the house and stroll historic Downtown Bay City!
- Monday-Sunday, April 15-21 • Spring Downtown Restaurant Week
Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their $6, $12 & $24 specials all week long! Enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner specials. Go to your favorites restaurants or try someplace new!
- Thursday-Sunday, May 9-12 • Spring Downtown Diva Weekend
Filled with fashion, pampering, and “must haves” of the season. Cocktails in the City, accessories fashion show, and Fashion & French Toast, runway fashion show with a delicious buffet breakfast
- Wednesday, May 22 • Apps & Ales
This event highlights all of Downtown’s delicious eateries and pubs. Enjoy a night full of great appetizers and specialty brews!
- Saturday & Sunday, June 8-9 • Annual YWCA Riverside Art Festival
Unique art and items of distinct craftsmanship by skilled artisans from throughout the state and beyond! www.ywca.org/baycounty
- Thursday-Sunday, June 21-23 • Bay City River Roar
High performance boats race along the Downtown riverfront at high speeds during this dynamic event! Special entertainment is part of this one-of-a-kind weekend! www.riverroar.com
- Wednesdays, July & August • Wednesdays in the Park
Young People’s Entertainment at lunchtime and Concerts for all in the evening. All free!
Click here for concert schedule.
- Fridays Evenings, July & August • Fridays at the Falls
Join friends and neighbors from 6 to 7ish pm every Friday evening (weather permitting) at the Third Street Waterfall Park for some casual, summertime entertainment — magic, music and more! Bring a lawn chair or just pause for a while and enjoy some of the "Best of the Bay!” Admission is free, donations accepted. Click here for schedule.
- Thursday-Saturday, July 4-6 • Bay City Fireworks Festival
Bay City is known throughout the state for our fireworks festivities — one of the largest displays in the Midwest! Enjoy fireworks every evening and fun, food and entertainment every day — including a carnival and concerts — with the big fireworks show on July 6. For more information call 989.892.BANG or visit www.baycityfireworksfest.com.
- Thursday-Sunday, July 11-14 • Tall Ship Celebration, Bay City
Four day festival of ships, music, art and fun along the Downtown Bay City riverfront. The only Michigan port hosting in 2013! www.tallshipcelebration.com
- Friday & Saturday, July 19-20• Cool City Car Show
Join us for the Friday night cruise! On Saturday see over 400 specialty vehicles, mustangs, hot rods, antiques, customs and motorcycles on display throughout Downtown Bay City. www.becoolcarshow.net
- Thursday-Saturday, July 25-27 • Downtown Sidewalk Days
Sidewalk Days has been a Downtown Bay City tradition for over 50 years! This event is all about great sales and specials in a very special place! Check out our wonderful variety of shops and eateries all over Downtown.
- Friday-Sunday, September 6-8• Fall into Autumn Open House Weekend
Start the fall season with beautiful new ideas and products for the home, fashions to lift your spirits and a bounty of dining options.
- Thursday, September 19 • Downtown Bay City Wine Walk
The 15th annual Wine Walk is an evening event that showcases all of Downtown’s fantastic eateries and pubs with sampling of delicious food and great wines. The sounds of musical entertainment around every corner add to the pleasure of strolling historic Downtown Bay City on a beautiful fall evening.
- Friday-Sunday, September 27-29• River of Time
Travel back in time to when the pioneers settled in Bay City. This is a wonderful lesson in history that young and old enjoy! www.riveroftime.org.
- Thursday–Sunday, September 26-29• Hell's Half Mile Film & Music Festival
Enjoy four days of independent films, shorts, documentaries, animation, foreign language and student films. Plus...the best in original live music, art shows and more! www.hhmfest.com
- Thursday-Sunday, October 10-13 • Fall Downtown Divas Weekend
Celebrate the fall and holiday seasons with pampering, special time with friends, and shopping for the “must haves” of the season. Accessories fashion show during Cocktails in the City. And Fashion & French Toast breakfast and fashion event.
- Sunday, October 13 • Historical Society Tour of Homes
Bay County Historical Society Tour of Homes allows you to step inside some of the most beautiful homes and buildings in historic Bay City. New slate of homes every year, and free shuttle service between locations. Tickets and locations are normally available in September. www.bchsmuseum.org
- Monday-Sunday, October 28–November 3 • Fall Downtown Restaurant Week
Have you been wanting to try a Downtown restaurant? Visit participating Downtown restaurants and check out their $6, $12 & $24 specials all week long! Enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner specials.
- November – December • Holiday Open Houses
Businesses all over Downtown hold Open Houses and special events throughout the Holiday season. Stroll through our beautifully decorated shops, enjoy special treats and look for the perfect gifts of the seasons.
- Sundays, November 10 thru December 15 • Sundays in the City
The six Sundays leading up to Christmas showcase all of the “one-of-a-kind” shops and eateries that Downtown Bay City has to offer. The chance to win the Sleigh of Gifts and one of the Festival of Wreaths add to the activities. Holiday decorations, free horse-drawn carriage rides, strolling carolers, and holiday movies at the historic State Theatre make this a family event and truly a Holiday to remember.
- Friday, November 29 • Santa's Arrival!
Another Bay City holiday tradition continues with the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus in Wenonah Park at 7pm for a special performance before going to the Planetarium to talk with all the good little boys and girls.
- Friday–Saturday, November 29-30 • Extra Helpings
Enjoy after Thanksgiving special offers and activities in shops and restaurants throughout Downtown.